Omega Olympus Standing Desk With Built-In SteadyType Keyboard Tray
Availability: In stock
As low as: $924.00
Price as configured: $0.00
Live longer, feel better, & be more productive! OMEGA: The next evolution in standing desk and treadmill desk ergonomic design.
An infinitely-adjustable, ergonomic keyboard tray built right in
Most people are aware that adjustable keyboard trays (AKTs) are supposed to improve ergonomics when using a computer. They do this by tilting the keyboard's front edge up in order to eliminate "wrist extension," among other good things. When seated at a desk, these measures work well. However, standing desk and treadmill desk users soon find that conventional keyboard trays cannot adjust sufficiently to achieve the ideal geometries required when not sitting - they were never designed to. iMovR's pioneering research in this arena has led to to development of the Omega Desk line (patents pending), incorporating an infinitely-adjustable keyboard tray right into the desktop.
The Omega is the first and only adjustable-height desk on the market with optimal ergonomics for all three modalities: sitting, standing and even walking on a treadmill.
Most AKTs cannot achieve more than -15 degrees of keyboard tilt. When standing, without the benefit of chair armrests to support the user's forearms, -15 degrees is not enough to achieve the most "neutral" and therefore ergonomic position. This can lead to a variety of muscle and joint strains, and can result in reduced typing speed, accuracy and endurance. In over two years of extensive user testing iMovR's engineers figured out that steeper keyboard inclines can correct these issues by allowing the user to type at a more neutral angle - putting the least strain on muscles and joints in the hands, wrists, arms, shoulders and neck - while minimizing "computer hunch" and eliminating wrist flexion and extension entirely.
SteadyType™: exclusively from iMovR
Our proprietary SteadyType design allows the keyboard to be set at literally any angle up to -85 degrees (and without losing your keyboard). A tilt angle of -20 degrees or greater is what most users will find the most comfortable for typing while standing. For treadmill desk usage, angles of -25 to -40 degrees achieve the greatest improvements in ergonomics and comfort, as well as maximizing typing speed, accuracy and endurance. A crucial additional benefit for treadmill deskers is eliminating "anchoring stresses" which occur when users press down hard on their palms in order to maintain hand position over the keyboard as they sway with their walking motions and the treadmill belt pulls them backwards. Working at steeper angles allow the hands to relax and merely "hang on" loosely, without needing to apply pressure on the palms to maintain a consistent hand position over the keyboard.
The net result is higher typing speeds and accuracy at faster walking speeds than can be achieved with any other treadmill desk setup.
And we didn't forget about the mouse
High-end keyboard trays often have a separate mouse pad that allows you to raise the height of the mouse relative to the keyboard. This is done in order to keep your upper arm as vertical as possible... reaching out for a mouse or trackball can aggravate joints and muscles in the arm and shoulder. The Omega's keyboard tray has two height settings that position it lower than the desk surface, in order to achieve the same ergonomic goal and keep that upper arm from moving out.
Great ergonomics, but also the best overall stability of any sit-stand desk
We always recommend using a keyboard tray, but the truth is that using a keyboard tray on any 2-leg, adjustable-height desk can lead to significant monitor shaking - especially if that monitor is mounted to a monitor arm like it should be. By incorporating the keyboard tray directly into the desktop the user's typing pressure is applied only inches from the center crossbar of the desk. The difference in desk and monitor stability is amazing. The Omega is by far the most rigid height-adjustable table ever devised, and dramatically more stable than any two-leg desk using a keyboard tray. Watch this demonstration video to see what we mean.
Three models to choose from: EVEREST, OLYMPUS and DENALI
The OLYMPUS, featured here, is based on iMovR's value-leading ThermoDesk UpTown. If you're looking for a manual (crank) desk, please check out the Omega DENALI, which is based on the popular ThermoDesk ELLURE. If you're looking for an entirely made-in-the-USA desk check out the Omega EVEREST, which is based on our top-of-the-line ThermoDesk ELITE.
The Omega OLYMPUS: Quiet, Muscular, Stable
The OLYMPUS is built on iMovR's UpStage-30 electric base, the quietest in the industry, registering under 41 decibels. With a brawny 265 lb. lifting capacity and a transit speed of 1.5 inches per second, the UpStage is one of the strongest bases on the market.
The OLYMPUS is one of the tallest-reaching desks in the industry - with a top-end height of 50" (including desk top) - while being able to descend down to 25" for sitting. Most height-adjustable tables top out at 47" (the ANSI/BIFMA standard most manufacturers shoot for) but the OLYMPUS's extra three inches of reach will be beneficial to anyone over 6'2", or 5'9" if using a treadmill. Even average height users will appreciate the OLYMPUS's greater leg stability, because its telescoping leg segments have substantially more overlap at maximum extension than desks that top out at lower heights.
State-of-the-Art Digital Controller
An LED readout showing the height of the desk in inches, and three programmable height presets (e.g. set to sitting, standing and walking heights) are the features of the digital controller that you can see. What you can't see are the controller's advanced acceleration and deceleration dampening - to ensure your coffee cup will never slosh while the desk changes height with silky smoothness - or its built-in anti-collision detector.
A Confident Warranty
Like all iMovR work surfaces, the OLYMPUS's Omega desktop is 100% Made-in-America (Michigan, to be precise). The UpStage base is made in the most technology-advanced linear actuator factory in China, renowned for the precision and reliability of its component manufacturing. Our confidence in the reliability and quality of the OLYMPUS is reflected in the robust warranty coverage we offer on it: Lifetime on the frame, and 5 years on the motors and moving parts, tabletop, and electronics.
Thousands of design combinations
The OLYMPUS can be customized with different base and tabletop colors, tabletop widths, "cockpit" positions, and numerous add-on options. With all these options you can match your available space and surrounding decor to a T.
Table tops are all 30" deep, and come in five different table widths, as shown below.
Note: the Olympus desk is now available in nine different corner standing desk configurations, too!
Not Just Black, White and Gray...
Omega desks feature our exclusive 3D lamination for the ultimate in aesthetics, ergonomic comfort and durability. Choose from eleven standard finishes to fit your decor.
Standard finish options: clove mahogany, hayward cherry, almond cherry, shaker cherry, light maple and urban walnut in woodgrains, and black, white, beige, putty and a stunning shark gray in solids.
Custom finish options: We have over 60 custom color choices to choose from, including most popular colors used by the major office desk manufacturers, as well as some bold and exciting finishes for companies that like a little flair in their furniture. (For larger quantity orders).
Custom logo engraving option: Another iMovR exclusive, enabled by our 3D-lamination production process. Call us to inquire about having your company's 3D logo engraved right into the tabletop!
Click Image for Larger Color Samples
Why 3D lamination is superior to standard lamination
Your run-of-the-mill desktop is manufactured using a process called high-pressure lamination (HPL). 3D lamination is an entirely new process that requires a very large machine ($1 million+). It enables us to have our tops custom-made to order and shipped out within one week of ordering. Very few furniture manufacturers have such equipment, and iMovR is the only maker of height-adjustable tables that offers 3D lamination. Because the process is so highly automated we save enough in labor to price our 3D-laminated products where our competitors price their inferior HPL tabletops.
We start with the wood slab, and shape it on CNC routing machines to a precision of 1/5000ths of an inch. This includes putting an "ergo contour" on all four edges. Once formed, we thermofuse Omnova Surf(x) 3D Laminate to the tabletop under high temperature and pressure, making a perfect, hermetically-sealed bond all around. The contoured edges and even the grommet holes show the woodgrain pattern perfectly. The resulting product has the appearance of an extravagantly carved hardwood desk, yet costs the same as far less durable and less elegant HPL product most everyone else uses in our industry. We don't cover our grommet holes with cheap plastic caps because you'll want to show off the real wood appearance of your desk.
The Omnova Surf(x) 3D laminate we use in our products is more durable and resistant to chemicals, scratches and dings than typical HPL. In fact, you'd historically find these laminates working 24/7 in hospitals, where they constantly use harsh chemicals to clean and disinfect their desktop surfaces. That's right, you can spill bleach on your Omega desktop and never see any discoloration.
Most wood tabletops are attached to their bases with wood screws, which can degrade the integrity of the wood after only a few disassemblies and re-assemblies. We install recessed nuts in our Omega tabletops, so they can be attached to their bases using machine screws. No more sawdust, and you'll never have to re-drill new holes no matter how many times you take the desk apart.
Where most other table tops come with short warranties reflecting their minimal qualities, all our tops come with a FIVE YEAR warranty, but they're designed to last a lifetime.
The keyboard "cockpit" cutout is centered on the 48" and 60" desktop. The 71" can be ordered with the cockpit on the left, right, or in the center.
Make it Your Own
Choose your base color:
Choose from black or silver powder coat finish.
Choose your Power Management Options:
Unique to iMovR desks is the optional Grommet-Mounted Power Socket that brings dual AC outlets to the top of the table. This is ideal for shared workstations where users may want to power their laptops or charge their mobile devices, without having to bend down and search for a free plug along the floor. Silver or black powder-coated finish, with a 72" cord. The 48" table top can accommodate a single Power Socket; the 60" and 71" tops can accept one or two Power Sockets.
Choose your Monitor Arm:
For the best ergonomics, you’ll always want to keep your monitor(s) at the proper height, distance, and angles. Monitor arms make moving your monitors easy, so you can find the right monitor position whether you're sitting, standing, or ‘perching’ at your desk. They help keep neck and eye strain at bay, and ensure you work in optimal comfort at all times. Several varieties are available depending on the number of monitors you'll need supported, the weight of your monitor(s), and the height of the pole that holds the monitor(s) up.
Choose the right monitor arm for your sit-stand workstation:
- Ergotron LX Tall Pole: Classic, polished aluminum single monitor arm, with a tall pole for the extra height needed at a standing desk.
- Ergotron LX Sit-Stand: Tall pole single monitor arm with a heavy lifting capacity (25 lbs. for standard model, 30 lbs. for HD model). Ideal for standing desk users with large monitors.
- Ergotron LX Dual Stacking: Tall pole monitor arm with dual monitor support and a space-saving "stacking" design. Includes a free Notebook Adapter to convert your laptop into a second screen.
Add an accessory to boost your monitor arm's functionality:
- Dual Monitor Kit: Convert your single monitor arm to support two screens.
- Notebook Adapter: Hold your laptop up as another screen.
See all monitor arms for more options.
Choose your Standing Mat (Up to $20 Off):
Take care of your feet and get the most out of your new standing desk converter! A good anti-fatigue mat means more hours standing in full comfort, by reducing strain on your back, legs, and feet. iMovR EcoLast Anti-Fatigue Mats are made from 100% polyurethane material and won’t lose their bounce or curl up at the edges like cheaper mats. Designed to last a lifetime, they help you save time, money, (and the environment!) by eliminating the need to replace your mat every year. 100% made-in-America, these mats come with a five-year full-performance warranty, and are completely recyclable.
Select an iMovR Standing Mat for your sit-stand workstation:
- EcoLast Economy Standing Mat: A budget standing mat, uncompromising on quality.
- EcoLast Portable Standing Mat: Bring it along wherever you go! (e.g., garage, gardening, sporting events, meetings, etc.)
- Ecolast Premium Standing Mat: Our classic, durable, made-in-America standing mat.
- EcoLast Dual Gripper Standing Mat: More traction and extra non-slip security for your workstation.
- EcoLast Granite Standing Mat: A bold and elegant style to complement your decor (colors include Emerald, Copper, and Steel).
- EcoLast Hybrid Sit-Stand Mat: No need to move the mat when your sit or stand! These larger size standing mats accommodate office chairs.
Manage Your Cables
Keep your cables safe and organized and your new desk tidy with iMovR’s Cable Management Kit. These kits are easy to install, and include a variety of versatile and reusable components to allow you to easily reconfigure your cable bundles time and time again. For minimal cable needs, choose the Basic Kit, reusable cable ties, adhesive mounting brackets, and magnetic cable guides. Most users will want to opt for the Advanced Kit, which includes a 7-outlet surge protector with a 12'-long cord and a 24" cable trough to hold it and any excess cable bundles. The surge protector and trough together make it so that you only need to make sure the surge protector’s cord has enough slack for your desk to reach its top height. With twelve feet to work with you’ll have plenty of flexibility to place your new desk as far or close to the wall outlet as possible.
Make It Mobile
Need more mobility in your desk? The 10mm caster wheel set replaces your new Omega Olympus’s leveling feet with four locking casters to help you shift your desk where you need it easily and safely. These casters are designed to screw into provided recessed threading on the feet of your Olympus, and installation is very simple. Just remove the desk’s leveling pads, use the included wrench to screw in the casters, flip it back on its wheels with a helper and you’re good to go! Lock the casters when you find a good spot, unlock them to glide to a different one.
Bundle in a Treadmill!
If you need a treadmill to complement your new adjustable-height Omega desk, we can take you through the options at the time you place your order, or call us anytime at 888-208-6770 (or 425-999-3550) to speak with one of our treadmill desk solutions specialists.
Please contact our Corporate Solutions Department by calling (888) 208-6770 ext. 2 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss custom color and logo engraving options, as well as installation details and large quantity discounts.
Just a small sample of customers that use the
iMovR Omega Olympus Desk
|The UpStage 30 Base|
|Rated Lifting Capacity||265 lbs.|
|Product Weight*||71 lbs.|
|Travel Speed||1.5 inches per second|
|Noise Signature||42dB on descent, 46 dB on ascent|
|Controller Type||Digital with three programmable memory positions|
|Energy Consumption - Standby||Under 0.5 Watts|
|Energy Consumption - Moving||1.4Amp = 168 Watts|
|Safety Features||Programmable container and shelf stops|
|Country of Origin||China|
*Please note these items are typically shipped on pallet(s) due to their size and weight, and to minimize potential damage in transit. The pallet itself can weigh anywhere from 50 to 110 lbs. depending on the size of the largest item being shipped (e.g. table top), and other variables.
|The OLYMPUS Table Top|
2 grommets per desk
Fully 3-D laminated
Grommet diameter: 3"
42" tops: center point of grommet is 7" from left or right edge
47" tops: center point of grommet is 9" from left or right edge
59" and 71" tops: center point of grommet is 10" from the left or right edge
30" x 42" - 39 lbs.
|SteadyType Keyboard Tray Dimensions||19.5" x 10.5" x 0.75"|
|Available Standard Colors
See color samples
|Special Features||Recessed nuts for attaching base legs; also aids in disassembly for easy transporting of desk
Pre-drilled for all other under-desk components, such as keyboard trays and hand controllers
|Country of Origin||USA|
This entire desk system comes with an unparalleled warranty, reflecting our confidence in the all-American manufacturing quality of this desk. See official Warranty Policy for specific limitations.
- Lifetime on steel frame
- 5 years on moving parts
- 5 years on tabletop
- 5 years on electronics
Returns and Exchanges
We offer a 30-day, 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you receive your Omega desk product and decide it is not what you are looking for, or would like to exchange it, please send it back and we will give you a full refund minus a 20% restocking fee. Customer is responsible for shipping and handling costs of the return. The product must be in its original packaging, and in sellable condition. Simply email us at email@example.com or call (888) 208-6770 for a return merchandise authorization number. Please note that shipping and handling costs are nonrefundable.
If you receive your Omega desk product and decide you would like to exchange it, please contact us for an exchange merchandise authorization number. The product must be in its original packaging, and in sellable condition. Upon receipt of the exchanged item(s), we will promptly send the replacement. Please note that shipping and handling costs for original item(s) are nonrefundable. Buyer pays for shipping and handling costs of replacement item(s).
The standard shipping cost for all Omega models is $99. This flat rate applies to any major metropolitan region within the continental United States, and includes all options purchased with a desk system, such as monitor arms.
Most desks - and all desks that are shipped with Room of Choice or White Glove Installation options (see below) - are shipped via freight carrier. You'll receive a tracking number by email once the product has been loaded onto the delivery truck. Olympus desk systems with 48" wide tops may be shipped by FedEx Ground. Manufacturing and delivery times will be similar to freight shipments described above.
- All of our desks and tables are made-to-order in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and shipped out within 5 to 7 business days from date of order.
- Delivery to any major metro area within the continental US takes 3 to 5 business days from when it leaves our factory. More remote areas can take an additional 1 to 4 days. These delivery times are based on ideal weather conditions and the dispatcher's ability to reach the customer by phone to schedule delivery. Please allow for extra time if there is inclement weather anywhere between Michigan and your area.
- The vast majority of deliveries are made within 8 to 14 business days of ordering (not including weekends and holidays), depending on distance from Michigan. Southeast and Southwest US deliveries can take longer.
- A dispatcher will call you 24 hours in advance to confirm the address and a convenient 4-hour window for delivery. Delivery times are available from 7am to 7pm in most markets.
- Standard delivery is to the first covered threshold. In apartment buildings and office buildings this would be to the lobby, if there is a doorman or receptionist. If there is no covered area to place the delivery in, it will be taken as close as possible to the building structure, which may be curbside, and it will be the customer's responsibility to unload the pallet and bring merchandise into the building.
- For inside delivery, select Room of Choice or White Glove Delivery (see below). Note that White Glove Delivery includes Room of Choice.
- White Glove Delivery always includes factory pre-assembly and testing.
- Some smaller desk systems may be shipped by FedEx Ground. Manufacturing and delivery times will be similar to freight shipments described above.
- NYC deliveries, non-standard delivery times, and other special delivery options requested by the recipient, as well as delivery to addresses that are more than 50 miles away from our freight carriers' designated hubs may be subject to additional delivery surcharges.
A. Room of Choice Delivery
Standard shipping brings your new desk or table to the first covered threshold. With Room of Choice the two-man delivery crew will bring all the components all the way to the room where your desk or table will go. Elevator trips, and up to two flights of stairs, are included in the price. Note: this service level may not be available in certain rural areas.
B. Pre-Assembly Option
We do everything possible to make assembly of our desks and tables easy. Typical desk assembly takes only 20 to 45 minutes - depending on the model - if you have a helper. (Add a little time if you ordered a keyboard tray, monitor arm, or other accessories.) However, we do offer factory pre-assembly on most models (exceptions: Upsilon and corner desks). Conference tables are always shipped pre-assembled.
C. White Glove Delivery
Our most popular shipping upgrade, the two-man crew will deliver your factory pre-assembled and fully-tested desk to your room of choice, set it up, and cart away the pallet and all packaging materials. If a treadmill is included in the purchase it will also be removed from the box and set up. Installation of accessories such as monitor arms, keyboard trays, power nodes and cable management kits are not included in the white glove delivery service. Note: this service level may not be available in certain rural areas.
Tips for Success
It is our desire to get your product to you as safely and quickly as possible! To help us make this possible, here are a few things you can do to help if you've ordered a desk system that will be delivered by freight:
- Provide us with the best phone number for the delivery dispatcher to reach you, or someone in your receiving department (they will typically call within 24 hours of the shipment reaching your local area).
- Deliveries cannot be reliably scheduled by voicemail so please provide a backup phone number if possible.
- Letting us know in advance whether the address is residential or commercial, and if the latter, if there is loading dock access, will speed the process.
- You can send us this information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing your name and order number, and we will make sure the information is relayed to the carrier doing the delivery.
Shipping to Hawaii, Alaska, and Other Countries
Hawaii, Alaska and international customers have two options:
- We can ship to any freight forwarder in the continental US for the same flat rate as to any other domestic customer. It would be your responsibility to select a freight forwarder, set up an account, and negotiate freight forwarding rates. If you go with this option, contact us at email@example.com or (425) 999-3550 with your order details and the delivery address for your freight forwarder, and we will get back to you with pallet dimensions, weights, and any other information required for your forwarder to generate a quote for you.
- For international customers, the product can be shipped directly to you via DHL Global Freight (ocean) or DHL Express (typically 2-day or 3-day air). Please contact us with complete order details, full shipping address, and contact information so that we may generate a quote for you. By default, we will generate a quote for DHL Global Freight (ocean/ground) shipping only — unless you indicate you would like DHL Express (air) or both rates to compare. Please allow 24-72 hours to turn around an international delivery quote.
Note for Canadian, Mexican and Overseas International Customers: You will be responsible for any customs duties and taxes that may be due to your government. The carrier (DHL) will collect these at the time they contact you to schedule your delivery.