ThermoDesk UpTown Standing Desk
Availability: In stock
As low as: $619.00
Price as configured: $0.00
The Most Customizable Adjustable-Height Desk in the World
Your desk is the cornerstone of your work life and environment. It should match your space requirements and office décor to a T, without compromising on sturdiness, reliability or proper ergonomics. The UpTown offers better value and greater versatility than anyone else. No other desk on the market gives you this kind of componentry at such a modest price, and no other desk gives you this many standard options to choose from in making it your own.
The quietest electric desk base ever made, uncompromising in every way
At one-fourth the noise signature of most other desks in this price range, the iMovR UpStage 30 base that serves as the foundation of UpTown desk is the quietest in the world, measuring below 41 decibels. And that’s with an impressive travel speed of 1.5 inches per second and a class-beating 265 lb. lift capacity. Acceleration and deceleration dampening ensures your coffee will never slosh out of its cup while the desk is on the move, another feature you won’t find on any other desk in this price range.
All that excess lifting capacity translates to extraordinary reliability (the dual precision motors will never strain under ordinary loads). This is reflected in the UpTown’s extensive warranty coverage, including lifetime on the frame and five years on all other components.
Exceeding ANSI/BIFMA government standards, the UpTown desk has a 50” height reach (including Select Top), making it ideal for taller individuals and treadmill walkers. Many users will pair the UpTown with our ThermoTread GT treadmill base, so we’ve reinforced the frame to increase its stability.
The greatest variety of tabletop options
With five tabletop widths, eleven standard tabletop colors, and two top thicknesses to choose from the UpTown comes in over 99 standard configurations (198 if you count the base color option of black or silver). Defining the state-of-the-art in adjustable-height furniture, all iMovR tabletops are ergo-contoured on precision CNC equipment and then hermetically sealed with Surf(x) 3D lamination, providing superior performance to conventional high-pressure laminated and powder coated tops used by other desks. Read more below about iMovR's exclusive 3D lamination technology.
The 30”-deep tabletops come in 42”, 47”, 59” and 71” widths in our SlimTop (3/4” thick) modernist styling. The SlimTops are pre-drilled for base and controller attachment, as well as installation of an optional iMovR Stowaway Ergonomic Keyboard Tray.
If you prefer the richer look of a thicker tabletop choose from our 42”, 47”, 59”, or 71” SelectTop options. At 1-1/8” thickness these are the same grade tops we use on our Synapse sit-stand conference tables. Adding even more desk stability, the SelectTops feature recessed nuts for installing the base with machine screws instead of wood screws. This means you can take the desk apart and re-assemble it many times without ever degrading the screw holes.
Note: the UpTown desk is now available in nine different corner standing desk configurations, too!
Sit-Stand, Stand-Walk, Sit-Stand-Walk – the UpTown desk can do it all
For a sit-to-stand desk or standing/walking workstation, most users will choose a 42”, 47” or 59” wide tabletop. The UpStage 30N base that ships with these configurations can be adjusted to any of these tabletop widths should you want to change the top out in the future.
For the ultimate in sit-stand-walk treadmill desks, use our 71” tabletop option with the UpStage 30W base. The longer crossbars of the 30W base allow the feet to be spread far enough apart to accommodate both a full-width treadmill and full-width office chair with room to spare. Set the three programmable memories in the UpTown’s digital controller for your preferred sitting, standing and walking heights.
iMovR's Exclusive 3D Lamination Technology
Every desk manufacturer claims their table tops are "unique," but in fact most all of them use the same "high-pressure lamination" (HPL) process that’s been around for decades. Sounds fancy, but all it really means is that a 3mm thick laminate is pressed onto a particle board or MDF core, usually 3/4" or 1” thick. If you've ever removed the grommet cover and looked at the cross section of the unfinished inside of one of these typical table tops you've surely noticed the raw wood showing through. All iMovR table tops are manufactured with much more advanced technology than standard HPL. They outperform all HPL and powder coated table tops in resistance to dings, scratches, discoloration and chemical damage – and they look oh, so much nicer. People often mistake our 3D-laminated tabletops for expensive solid hardwood tops, even though they cost less than what competitors charge for the old stuff.
All the edges and corners of our tabletops are precision-contoured to create an elegant, yet ergonomic "comfort edge," while also rounding off those sharp corners that are unavoidable with standard "PVC edge-banded" rectangular table tops. The chosen color or woodgrain image is then thermofused to the core using an advanced 3D lamination process that covers every exposed surface of the wood - even down through the insides of the fully-laminated grommet holes. This 3D lamination method is not only more elegant in appearance compared to standard lamination, it better protects the table top from moisture damage and warping, and guarantees a higher level of durability. So durable, in fact, that even strong disinfectants used in hospitals will not tarnish your table top's finish. Learn more about the advantages of 3D lamination.
Make it Your Own
Choose your tabletop color:
UpTown offers these eleven standard colors plus over 50 custom color choices - more than any other manufacturer of height-adjustable desks. See our color chart for full-screen, hi-res color samples.
For real 4" x 6" handheld samples, see our iMovR 3D Laminate Color Sample Kit to find a match for your workspace.
Choose your shape and size:
UpTown tops are currently available in these standard sizes:
Small: 30" x 42", with dual grommet holes
Medium: 30" x 47", with dual grommet holes
Large: 30" x 59", with dual grommet holes
XL: 30" x 71", with dual grommet holes
Other options, including corner desk table tops, coming soon.
Choose your base color:
Choose from black or silver powder coat finish.
Choose your Power Management Options:
Unique to iMovR desks is the optional Grommet-Mounted Power Socket that brings charging AC outlets and USB ports to the top of the table. This is ideal for shared workstations where users may want to power their laptops or charge their mobile devices, without having to bend down and search for a free plug along the floor. Silver or black powder-coated finish, with a 72" cord. All table tops can accommodate one or two such charging nodes. Available in silver or black powder coated finish.
Choose your Monitor Arm:
For the best ergonomics, you’ll always want to keep your monitor(s) at the proper height, distance, and angles. Monitor arms make moving your monitors easy, so you can find the right monitor position whether you're sitting, standing, or ‘perching’ at your desk. They help keep neck and eye strain at bay, and ensure you work in optimal comfort at all times. Several varieties are available depending on the number of monitors you'll need supported, the weight of your monitor(s), and the height of the pole that holds the monitor(s) up.
Choose the right monitor arm for your sit-stand workstation:
- Ergotron LX Tall Pole: Classic, polished aluminum single monitor arm, with a tall pole for the extra height needed at a standing desk.
- Ergotron LX Sit-Stand: Tall pole single monitor arm with a heavy lifting capacity (25 lbs. for standard model, 30 lbs. for HD model). Ideal for standing desk users with large monitors.
- Ergotron LX Dual Stacking: Tall pole monitor arm with dual monitor support and a space-saving "stacking" design. Includes a free Notebook Adapter to convert your laptop into a second screen.
Add an accessory to boost your monitor arm's functionality:
- Dual Monitor Kit: Convert your single monitor arm to support two screens.
- Notebook Adapter: Hold your laptop up as another screen.
See all monitor arms for more options.
Choose your Keyboard Tray:
Permanently-mounted keyboard trays are always highly recommended for the best ergonomics. Historically, though, they've been painfully expensive and even more painful to install. Our "Stowaway" Retractable Keyboard Tray offers every conceivable keyboard and mouse adjustment and accommodates 98% of all keyboard models nicely, while priced well below other trays of similar capability. With the pre-drilled holes in our table tops, installation is much easier, too. On the 71" table tops the rail mounts are pre-drilled in the left and right as well as center positions, directly opposite the grommet holes, for perfect keyboard/monitor alignment. On the 48" and 60" tops the tray mounting is aligned to the center of the table.
Choose your Standing Mat: Sit Less, Stand More, in Comfort
Take care of your feet and get the most out of your new standing desk converter! A good anti-fatigue mat means more hours standing in full comfort, by reducing strain on your back, legs, and feet. iMovR EcoLast Anti-Fatigue Mats are made from 100% polyurethane material and won’t lose their bounce or curl up at the edges like cheaper mats. Designed to last a lifetime, they help you save time, money, (and the environment!) by eliminating the need to replace your mat every year. 100% made-in-America, these mats come with a five-year full-performance warranty, and are completely recyclable.
Select an iMovR Standing Mat for your sit-stand workstation:
- EcoLast Economy Standing Mat: An affordable standing mat that makes no compromise on quality.
- EcoLast Portable Standing Mat: Bring it along wherever you go (garage, gardening, sporting events, meetings, etc.).
- Ecolast Premium Standing Mat: Our classic made-in-America, durable standing mat.
- EcoLast Dual Gripper Standing Mat: More traction and extra non-slip security for your workstation.
- EcoLast Granite Standing Mat: A bold and elegant style to complement your decor (colors include Emerald, Copper, and Steel).
- EcoLast Hybrid Sit-Stand Mat: No need to move the mat when your sit or stand! These larger size standing mats accommodate office chairs.
Manage Your Cables
Keep your cables safe and organized and your new desk tidy with iMovR’s Cable Management Kit. These kits are easy to install, and include a variety of versatile and reusable components to allow you to easily reconfigure your cable bundles time and time again. For minimal cable needs, choose the Basic Kit, reusable cable ties, adhesive mounting brackets, and magnetic cable guides. Most users will want to opt for the Advanced Kit, which includes a 7-outlet surge protector with a 12'-long cord and a 24" cable trough to hold it and any excess cable bundles. The surge protector and trough together make it so that you only need to make sure the surge protector’s cord has enough slack for your desk to reach its top height. With twelve feet to work with you’ll have plenty of flexibility to place your new desk as far or close to the wall outlet as possible.
Make It Mobile
Need more mobility in your desk? The 10mm caster wheel set replaces your new UpTown’s leveling feet with four locking casters to help you shift your desk where you need it easily and safely. These casters are designed to screw into provided recessed threading on the feet of your UpTown, and installation is very simple. Just remove the desk’s leveling pads, use the included wrench to screw in the casters, flip it back on its wheels with a helper and you’re good to go! Lock the casters when you find a good spot, unlock them to glide to a different one.
Bundle in a Treadmill!
If you need a treadmill to complement your new adjustable-height UpTown desk, we can take you through the options at the time you place your order, or call us anytime at (888) 208-6770 to speak with one of our treadmill desk solutions specialists.
Please contact our Corporate Solutions Department to discuss custom color and logo engraving options, as well as installation details and large quantity discounts at (888) 208-6770 ext. 3 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Just a small sample of customers that use the
iMovR ThermoDesk UpTown
|The UpStage30 Base|
|Rated Lifting Capacity||265 lbs.|
|Product Weight*||71 lbs.|
|Average Travel Speed||1.5 inches per second|
|Controller Type||Digital Readout with 3 memory presets|
|Special Features||Acceleration and Deceleration Dampening|
|Country of Origin||Base: China|
*Please note these items are typically shipped on pallet(s) due to their size and weight, and to minimize potential damage in transit. The pallet itself can weigh anywhere from 50 to 110 lbs. depending on the size of the largest item being shipped (e.g. table top), and other variables.
|The UpTown Table Top|
All sizes have dual grommets
0.750" SlimTop or 1.125" SelectTop
|Available Sizes (Including Pinch Trim)||
SlimTop 30" x 42", 28 lbs.
SelectTop 30" x 42", 39 lbs.
|Available Standard Colors
See color samples
|Special Features||Pre-drilled holes for attaching base to SlimTop
Insert nuts for attaching base to SelectTop
Pre-drilled holes for keyboard tray(s) and hand controller on both
|Country of Origin||Michigan, USA|
We offer an excellent warranty on the UpTown, reflecting our confidence in the desk's manufacturing quality.
- Lifetime on steel frame
- 5 years on moving parts
- 5 years on tabletop
- 5 years on electronics
Returns and Exchanges
We have a 30-day, 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you receive your UpTown product and decide it is not what you are looking for, or would like to exchange it, please send it back and we will give you a full refund minus a 20% restocking fee. Customer is responsible for shipping and handling costs of the return. The product must be in its original packaging, and in sellable condition. Simply email us at email@example.com or call (888) 208-6770 for a return merchandise authorization number. Please note that shipping and handling costs are nonrefundable.
If you receive your UpTown product and decide you would like to exchange it, please contact us for an exchange merchandise authorization number. The product must be in its original packaging, and in sellable condition. Upon receipt of the exchanged item(s), we will promptly send the replacement. Please note that shipping and handling costs for original item(s) are nonrefundable. Buyer pays for shipping and handling costs of replacement item(s).
The standard shipping cost for all UpTown desks is $99. This flat rate applies to any major metropolitan region within the continental United States, and includes all options purchased with a desk system, such as monitor arms and keyboard trays.
Most UpTown desks - and all desks that are shipped with Room of Choice or White Glove Installation options (see below) - are shipped via freight carrier. You'll receive a tracking number by email once the product has been loaded onto the delivery truck. UpTown desk systems with 42"- or 48"-wide tops may be shipped by FedEx Ground. Manufacturing and delivery times will be similar to freight shipments described above.
- All of our desks and tables are made-to-order in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and shipped out within 5 to 7 business days from date of order.
- Delivery to any major metro area within the continental US takes 3 to 5 business days from when it leaves our factory. More remote areas can take an additional 1 to 4 days. These delivery times are based on ideal weather conditions and the dispatcher's ability to reach the customer by phone to schedule delivery. Please allow for extra time if there is inclement weather anywhere between Michigan and your area.
- The vast majority of deliveries are made within 8 to 14 business days of ordering (not including weekends and holidays), depending on distance from Michigan. Southeast and Southwest US deliveries can take longer.
- A dispatcher will call you 24 hours in advance to confirm the address and a convenient 4-hour window for delivery. Delivery times are available from 7am to 7pm in most markets.
- Standard delivery is to the first covered threshold. In apartment buildings and office buildings this would be to the lobby, if there is a doorman or receptionist. If there is no covered area to place the delivery in, it will be taken as close as possible to the building structure, which may be curbside, and it will be the customer's responsibility to unload the pallet and bring merchandise into the building.
- For inside delivery, select Room of Choice or White Glove Delivery (see below). Note that White Glove Delivery includes Room of Choice.
- White Glove Delivery always includes factory pre-assembly and testing.
- Some smaller desk systems may be shipped by FedEx Ground. Manufacturing and delivery times will be similar to freight shipments described above.
- NYC deliveries, non-standard delivery times, and other special delivery options requested by the recipient, as well as delivery to addresses that are more than 50 miles away from our freight carriers' designated hubs may be subject to additional delivery surcharges.
A. Room of Choice Delivery
Standard shipping brings your new desk or table to the first covered threshold. With Room of Choice the two-man delivery crew will bring all the components all the way to the room where your desk or table will go. Elevator trips, and up to two flights of stairs, are included in the price. Note: this service level may not be available in certain rural areas.
B. Pre-Assembly Option
We do everything possible to make assembly of our desks and tables easy. Typical desk assembly takes only 20 to 45 minutes - depending on the model - if you have a helper. (Add a little time if you ordered a keyboard tray, monitor arm, or other accessories.) However, we do offer factory pre-assembly on most models (exceptions: Upsilon and corner desks). Conference tables are always shipped pre-assembled.
C. White Glove Delivery
Our most popular shipping upgrade, the two-man crew will deliver your factory pre-assembled and fully-tested desk to your room of choice, set it up, and cart away the pallet and all packaging materials. If a treadmill is included in the purchase it will also be removed from the box and set up. Installation of accessories such as monitor arms, keyboard trays, power nodes and cable management kits are not included in the white glove delivery service. Note: this service level may not be available in certain rural areas.
Tips for Success
It is our desire to get your product to you as safely and quickly as possible! To help us make this possible, here are a few things you can do to help if you've ordered a desk system that will be delivered by freight:
- Provide us with the best phone number for the delivery dispatcher to reach you, or someone in your receiving department (they will typically call within 24 hours of the shipment reaching your local area).
- Deliveries cannot be reliably scheduled by voicemail so please provide a backup phone number if possible.
- Letting us know in advance whether the address is residential or commercial, and if the latter, if there is loading dock access, will speed the process.
- You can send us this information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing your name and order number, and we will make sure the information is relayed to the carrier doing the delivery.
Shipping to Hawaii, Alaska, and Other Countries
Hawaii, Alaska and international customers have two options:
- We can ship to any freight forwarder in the continental US for the same flat rate as to any other domestic customer. It would be your responsibility to select a freight forwarder, set up an account, and negotiate freight forwarding rates. If you go with this option, contact us at email@example.com or (425) 999-3550 with your order details and the delivery address for your freight forwarder, and we will get back to you with pallet dimensions, weights, and any other information required for your forwarder to generate a quote for you.
- For international customers, the product can be shipped directly to you via DHL Global Freight (ocean) or DHL Express (typically 2-day or 3-day air). Please contact us with complete order details, full shipping address, and contact information so that we may generate a quote for you. By default, we will generate a quote for DHL Global Freight (ocean/ground) shipping only — unless you indicate you would like DHL Express (air) or both rates to compare. Please allow 24-72 hours to turn around an international delivery quote.
Note for Canadian, Mexican and Overseas International Customers: You will be responsible for any customs duties and taxes that may be due to your government. The carrier (DHL) will collect these at the time they contact you to schedule your delivery.