by Clinton De Young 12/15/2016
I will admit, I was VERY skeptical about the ThermoDesk Elite due to the relationship between Work While Walking and iMovR. I was also skeptical since there are almost no REAL reviews out there about the iMovR desks. However, after comparing the ThermoDesk Elite’s specs to those of UpDesk, Geekdesk, etc., I took a gamble and bought the 83″ X 30″ ThermoDesk Elite. As the first REAL review on this desk, I have to say that I’m happy and satisfied.
1. The leg motors are quieter than other desks I’ve used.
2. The build quality is top notch.
3. The legs are heavy and stable and give the desk a nice solid feel.
4. The urban walnut top is beautiful. I also like the rounded edges and attention to detail in the grommet holes.
5. iMovRs 30lb monitor arms work well with the desk and are quite robust. More so than I imagined.
6. The product was packaged well and delivered within a reasonable amount of time (2 – 3 weeks from the order date).
1. The setup instructions are a bit on the dumb side. If you buy one of these desks, I would recommend ignoring the build steps that are included and instead do it this way: 1. Bolt the leg bottoms onto the legs. 2. Bolt the horizontal, adjustable bars onto the legs using ONLY the four outermost bolts. 3. Loosen the 8 width-adjustment screws. 4. Place the table-top upside down on the floor. 5. Place the leg assembly onto the table-top. 6. Adjust the width of the legs to fit the table-top. 7. Bolt the leg assembly to the table-top. 8. NOW, insert the remaining four bolts that connect the legs to the horizontal bars. If you follow the included instructions, and your desk is wider than the smallest leg width, you will have to take the legs apart and do them over again.
The only other commercially built standing desks I have used are the one from IKEA and the Geekdesk. The ThermoDesk Elite is much nicer than either of these. I would buy this desk again, and recommend it to others.
by Chuck Heifetz 12/15/2016
My back was bothering me, from sitting so long, so I decided to buy an adjustable stand-up desk. I researched them for a few weeks, before buying an ImovR Thermodesk Elite. I was interested in a different company’s desk, until I read the reviews; I don’t pay attention to a few bad reviews, but when I saw how many there were for their customer service, I decided against ordering from them.
I called ImovR and spoke to Eric (he seems to always be there), he was extremely knowledgeable and professional. I ordered the desk. When it arrived, I wanted to assemble it right away. THE ONLY NEGATIVE I SEE WITH THIS DESK, ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS. I called up for help, and who do you think answered, Eric of course.
He walked me through the issues I was having, and was very patient and very helpful. After finishing the assembly, I had to sit down (kidding). I immediately started using the desk. On the control panel, there are height adjustments, with 4 memory buttons; I set them for sitting with the keyboard, sitting while working on the desk, and standing with and without the keyboard.
The height adjustments are pretty quiet, and very smooth; if you have a drink, it won’t spill. My back feels so much better since using this desk, I find that I rarely want to sit. The tabletop is very well made and great looking; the 3D laminate is also a great feature; no exposed wood, not even in the holes.
I bought a few accesories; the stowaway keyboard tray (swings under the desk, when you don’t need it) The single LCD monitor arm (I have a 27″ monitor on it, it holds it perfectly), and the grommet mounted power node, with 2 outlets.
The desk wasn’t cheap, but it was worth every dollar. This is a quality desk, and ImovR is a quality company. Anyone can sell a product, but I think that good customer service, after the sale is just as important. I dealt with Eric and Linda, and both of them get an A+++++ for customer service. I would recommend this desk very highly.
by Mike Bryant 12/15/2016
I’m the type of person who does exhaustive research before making a big purchase. I found it particularly difficult finding good reviews for standing desks. My biggest concern was getting a durable quality desk with minimal shake while standing. I considered the Jarvis recommended by TheWirecutter but ultimately rejected it because of the Jiecang base which I read was less reliable and stable.
After weeks of deliberation I picked a 48″ iMovR ThermoDesk Elite with Urban Walnut finish. I ordered it on Sept 1 and it arrived on Sept 17th. The desk was well packaged and easy to assemble. I especially liked that all the holes were pre-drilled. Assembly took about an hour at a leisurely pace.
The finish is beautiful and smooth. The beveled edge is very comfortable to lean against. When extended to standing height the desk was very solid. Motor noise is noticeable but position changes only take a few seconds. My only complaint is that you have to keep the programmed position button depressed until the desk reaches the final position. It isn’t a deal breaker since the desk rapidly gets into position.
I’ve been using the desk for several days now. After standing for a few hours I can quickly switch to sitting. I certainly paid more for the Elite than for a Jarvis but for I think it is well worth the investment!