iMovR ThermoTread GT Office Treadmill Base
Availability: In stock
As low as: $1,499.00
Price as configured: $0.00
Meet the iMovR ThermoTread GT Desk Treadmill
- The first “clean sheet” design of a walking treadmill base geared for the office, not the gym
- Quieter, smaller, more powerful, and more feature-rich than any other office treadmill
- Smartphone-like, touch-screen LCD desktop console
- Built to last: Premium componentry, “future-proof” software and extensive warranty coverage
- Optional iMovR CloudStation (available 2016) connects ThermoTread to the Internet of Things
- Perfectly balances drivetrain reliability with power consumption efficiency
The New Leader in Office Fitness
Once upon a time the first treadmill desk was created by marrying an adjustable-height desk to a cannibalized running treadmill base. That was more than eight years ago, yet every treadmill desk in the world since has been made using the same recipe. Every walking base sold as a “treadmill desk” has its roots in gym equipment, as evidenced by footprint, noise signature, console design and motor gearing ratios.
iMovR is proud to introduce the ThermoTread GT – the first treadmill desk base designed from the ground up to live in an office environment, not a gym. From upgraded componentry to a sleek, touch-screen LCD desktop console, to its ability to interact with personal performance tracking and corporate wellness software in the cloud (via optional CloudStation available 2016), the ThermoTread GT is to existing treadmill desks as the Starship Enterprise is to the RMS Queen Mary. Both will transport you from point A to point B, but only one has warp drive and photon torpedoes.
The ThermoTread GT Office Treadmill received a five out of five star rating from WorkWhileWalking's expert review team. Read their review here.
A More Powerful Chassis, for Many Years of Reliable Continuous Use
Some 1st-generation treadmill desks are known to have shorter service lives than one would expect. Walking very slowly for long periods of time on a treadmill geared for running is likely to result in premature motor or controller board burnout. Moseying along at a pace of only 1 - 2 mph requires the treadmill’s motor to overcome the immense friction of pulling a dead weight on a rubber belt across a laminated deck. A treadmill designed for a top speed of 12 mph will only have one-sixth to one-twelfth of its rated horsepower at treadmill desk sauntering speeds, imposing a very heavy strain on the drivetrain. The fact that most users neglect to periodically lubricate their treadmills shortens the life of these components ever further.
The ThermoTread GT doesn’t pretend to be a dual-use office/gym treadmill. While that’s a great marketing concept our competitors like to promote, our engineers know that you just can’t have your cake and eat it too. The ThermoTread was designed just for office walking. We made the top speed only 2.5 mph, and ideally geared its high-torque drivetrain (rollers, flywheel, pulley, etc.) for office walking speeds, with a massive 3.0 horsepower, 4000 RPM DC motor at its core.
Next, we upgraded the deck from the cheaper melamine and phenolic materials used on competing treadmills to a superior 1”-thick Bakelite material. We added a cooling fan to keep motor temperatures under control even if the treadmill is under round-the-clock use, but we made it so silent you can’t even tell its running. Since no one will ever run or even walk briskly on a ThermoTread, we shortened the deck in order to gain back precious floor space that competing units steal away. We even lowered the treadmill deck to maximize desk stability and minimize obstruction. Two wheels positioned underneath the motor housing make it easy to slide the treadmill underneath any adjustable-height desk.
The ThermoTread is quieter than the least-noisy competing treadmill base (the LifeSpan TR-1200), by a whopping 5 decibels. It’s built with more reliable componentry than any other walking base on the market. ThermoTread GT consumes half the power and is dramatically quieter than the LifeSpan TR-5000, since it doesn’t require an AC inverter and the noisy continuous fan to keep it cool. Even though it costs $500 less than the TR-5000, the ThermoTread GT looks just as nice, if not nicer, with its all-aluminum side rails.
No Membrane Keypads Here
A sure telltale sign that a treadmill was designed by a gym equipment engineer is if its desktop console controls are made with a membrane keypad. Membrane key switches stand up to cardio exercisers’ dripping sweat but they have a tendency to degrade rapidly with continuous use. The bigger downside to membrane keypads is their fixed functionality. The ThermoTread GT is the only treadmill desk base on the market that uses a touch-screen LCD, housed in a sleek desktop console that doesn’t look out of place with the laptops, tablets and mobile devices found at the modern office workstation.
The console contains a powerful computer and a USB port to enable easy downloads of future software upgrades. All the basic functionality is there today to display walking speed, distance, time, calorie burn and other performance statistics, just as you’d expect from any treadmill desk. But that’s where the commonality ends. We know that no one enjoys having to press twenty buttons to restart their treadmill just because they stepped away for ten minutes. With the smartphone-like user interface of the ThermoTread’s desktop console our engineers were able to make the displays faster to interpret and navigate, and to store and retrieve user preferences and usage info easily.
The Lawyers are Gonna Love This Part
Lawyers, often chained to a desk for most of their day, have generally been among the earliest adopters of treadmill desks. But ironically, in-house lawyers have often been unwilling to sanction their use within corporate confines, over concern for potential employer liability. It’s easy to understand given the thousands of treadmill injury claims that are filed each year and the many examples of reckless treadmill escapades one can find on YouTube. In designing the ThermoTread GT we consulted with lawyers, insurers, corporate customers and engineers to completely overcome this concern once and for all.
First, our treadmill base is UL certified to never exceed 2.5 mph. Virtually all treadmill injuries happen at much higher speeds, either through mishap or through cardio exhaustion. No injury claim has ever been reported at this sub-walking speed limit.
Second, before activating the treadmill, our console requires the user to click off on a liability waiver “click wrap,” just like they do when using the GPS navigation system in their car. This exclusive feature of iMovR treadmill desks protects your organization from unsafe operation and potential liability, while creating a contemporaneous record of all equipment usage. No other treadmill desk in the world has this feature, designed specifically for large enterprise organizations and public space usage. Now the lawyers can share their love for treadmill desks with everyone, without reservation.
This is Just the Beginning
As it stands today the ThermoTread GT is a gutsy standalone treadmill base with lots of smarts, which can be used with any height-adjustable desk. Next year it will become an appliance on the “Internet of Things” (IoT), with the addition of our optional iMovR CloudStation. Here’s a preview of what this remarkable patent-pending device is going to allow you to do…
The CloudStation will come in the form of a long power bar, to be installed underneath the desk. The treadmill, electric adjustable-height desk, and all electrical devices on your desktop will be able to plug into the CloudStation, all neat and tidy. Each power plug is software controlled so you can set single-touch power conservation modes, such as turning everything off as you leave the office, except for that laptop charger you’d like to keep on.
The plug for the treadmill itself is special. Our proprietary circuitry on that plug works like a cardiogram, precisely measuring the health of the treadmill and the usage profile of the user by interpreting current fluctuations generated when the user’s feet step on the belt. With it, we can measure distance, speed and step count of the user, and upload it to the iMovR cloud with extreme precision, and without skipping a beat. While all popular fitness sensors (e.g. FitBit and Nike FuelBand) significantly underreport treadmill desk usage, and other treadmills have flaky Bluetooth connections to laptop software, not a single step will go uncounted or incorrectly measured when using the iMovR CloudStation. Best of all, this session data syncs automatically, without requiring the user to either remember or risk losing it forever.
Once this data is in the cloud it can be shared with corporate wellness software platforms, personal fitness sensor software, and a variety of applications that iMovR is developing for enterprise customers, such as ROI analysis and resource utilization reports. Furthermore, using the CloudStation will extend the life of your equipment and reduce your power bills, by measuring friction levels in the treadmill and notifying you when it’s time to lubricate. No more guesswork.
Once a user sets up their profile in the iMovR cloud - along with preferred treadmill speeds, desk height and monitor height - they’ll be able to log into any iMovR treadmill desk, anywhere in the world, and immediately get to work at their ideal ergonomic position, while having every step they take automatically recorded to their online profile. While the standalone ThermoTread GT is limited to 5 user profiles, an infinite number of users will be able to log into any iMovR treadmill desk that has a CloudStation connection.
Also coming next year…
iMovR’s new Treadio division is currently developing business partnerships with hotels, airlines, executive suites and co-working spaces, public libraries and private clubs to join a network of public-access treadmill desks that can be rented by the hour, day, or month, or provided as a free amenity to members, tenants an guests. When registered users travel they’ll be able to use the same profile to log into any iMovR treadmill desk in the world, and have all their usage data automatically collected in one place.
30-day, 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. No restocking fees. See our Terms and Conditions for details.
Just a small sample of customers that use the
ThermoTread GT Treadmill Desk
The ThermoTread GT Office Treadmill Base
|Fan||Ultra-quiet, automatic activation as needed|
|Deck Type||Bakelite 1"|
|Walking Belt Area||20" x 50"|
|Deck Height||Under 5"|
|Deck Suspension||6 Compression Shocks|
|Belt Type||Ultra-quiet 2.5mm rubber plus 2-ply fabric|
|Noise Signature||Lowest of any walking treadmill - 42.7 dB (user's ear height at 2.0 mph)|
|Speed Range||0.5-2.5 mph|
|User Weight Rating||400 lbs.|
|Side Rails||Non-scuffing aluminum|
|Desk Options||All ThermoDesk and Omega models in numerous sizes and colors, with all ergonomic accessories Omega GT models can be controlled from the touch-screen LCD desktop controller|
|Weight||Treadmill: 147 lbs Controller: 1.75 lbs
Gross shipping weight in box: 176 lbs (not including pallet)
|Overall Footprint||67.5" x 28.35" x 9.5"|
|Boxed Dimensions||72.6" x 33" x 12.4"|
|Lubrication||Easy-lift belt, no-mess lubrication takes 1 minute|
|Service Organizaiton||Spirit US|
|Voltage||120V / 60hz / 15 Amp circuit.
Pulls max of 7 amp in extreme weight 300 to 400 lbs and max speed.
More typical current draw at walking speed with average weight person is in the 1amp to 2.5amp.
Current draw increases if treadmill belt is not lubricated every 40 hours of usage.
|Power Cord Length||100"|
The ThermoTread GT Desktop Console
|Controller Type||High resolution, touch-screen LCD. Has a USB port for easy download of future software upgrades.|
|Basic Display Capabilities||
|Display Capabilities with Optional iMovR CloudStation||
|Internet Connectivity||Using iMovR CloudStation, 100% real-time connectivity to the iMovR Cloud. Uploads user and machine performance, downloads user preferences (for treadmill and desk settings), and other advanced software features.|
|Console Dimensions||7.25"x 4.125" x 6"|
We offer an excellent warranty on the ThermoTread GT, reflecting our confidence in the office treadmill's manufacturing quality.
- 3 years on motor
- 2 years on parts
- 1 year on labor
Returns and Exchanges
We have a 30-day, 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you receive your ThermoTread GT product and decide it is not what you are looking for, or would like to exchange it, please send it back and we will give you a full refund with no restocking fee. Customer is responsible for shipping and handling costs of the return. The product must be in its original packaging, and in sellable condition. Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (888) 208-6770 for a return merchandise authorization number. Please note that shipping and handling costs are nonrefundable.
If you receive your ThermoTread GT product and decide you would like to exchange it, please contact us for an exchange merchandise authorization number. The product must be in its original packaging, and in sellable condition. Upon receipt of the exchanged item(s), we will promptly send the replacement. Please note that shipping and handling costs for original item(s) are nonrefundable. Buyer pays for shipping and handling costs of replacement item(s).
Lower 48 States: $149
New York City: $179
Extended Delivery/Rural Areas: $209 (We will call to confirm amount.)
Alaska/Hawaii/International: Follow instructions below for a custom quote.
The standard shipping cost for ThermoTread GT units is $149. This flat rate applies to any major metropolitan region within the continental United States except New York City.
ThermoTread GT Office Treadmills shipped via freight carrier. You'll receive a tracking number by email once the product has been loaded onto the delivery truck.
- All of our desks and tables are made-to-order in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and shipped out within 5 to 7 business days from date of order.
- Delivery to any major metro area within the continental US takes 3 to 5 business days from when it leaves our factory. More remote areas can take an additional 1 to 4 days. These delivery times are based on ideal weather conditions and the dispatcher's ability to reach the customer by phone to schedule delivery. Please allow for extra time if there is inclement weather anywhere between Michigan and your area.
- The vast majority of deliveries are made within 8 to 14 business days of ordering (not including weekends and holidays), depending on distance from Michigan. Southeast and Southwest US deliveries can take longer.
- A dispatcher will call you 24 hours in advance to confirm the address and a convenient 4-hour window for delivery. Delivery times are available from 7am to 7pm in most markets.
- Standard delivery is to the first covered threshold. In apartment buildings and office buildings this would be to the lobby, if there is a doorman or receptionist. If there is no covered area to place the delivery in, it will be taken as close as possible to the building structure, which may be curbside, and it will be the customer's responsibility to unload the pallet and bring merchandise into the building.
- For inside delivery, select Room of Choice or White Glove Delivery (see below). Note that White Glove Delivery includes Room of Choice.
- White Glove Delivery always includes factory pre-assembly and testing.
- Some smaller desk systems may be shipped by FedEx Ground. Manufacturing and delivery times will be similar to freight shipments described above.
- NYC deliveries, non-standard delivery times, and other special delivery options requested by the recipient, as well as delivery to addresses that are more than 50 miles away from our freight carriers' designated hubs may be subject to additional delivery surcharges.
A. Room of Choice Delivery
Standard shipping brings your new desk or table to the first covered threshold. With Room of Choice the two-man delivery crew will bring all the components all the way to the room where your desk or table will go. Elevator trips, and up to two flights of stairs, are included in the price. Note: this service level may not be available in certain rural areas. (+$99)
B. White Glove Delivery
Our most popular shipping upgrade, the two-man crew will deliver your factory pre-assembled and fully-tested desk to your room of choice, set it up, and cart away the pallet and all packaging materials. If a treadmill is included in the purchase it will also be removed from the box and set up. Installation of accessories such as monitor arms, keyboard trays, power nodes and cable management kits are not included in the white glove delivery service. Note: this service level may not be available in certain rural areas. (+$129)
Tips for Success
It is our desire to get your product to you as safely and quickly as possible! To help us make this possible, here are a few things you can do to help if you've ordered a desk system that will be delivered by freight:
- Provide us with the best phone number for the delivery dispatcher to reach you, or someone in your receiving department (they will typically call within 24 hours of the shipment reaching your local area).
- Deliveries cannot be reliably scheduled by voicemail so please provide a backup phone number if possible.
- Letting us know in advance whether the address is residential or commercial, and if the latter, if there is loading dock access, will speed the process.
- You can send us this information by email to email@example.com referencing your name and order number, and we will make sure the information is relayed to the carrier doing the delivery.
Shipping to Hawaii, Alaska, and Other Countries
Hawaii, Alaska and international customers have two options:
- We can ship to any freight forwarder in the continental US for the same flat rate as to any other domestic customer. It would be your responsibility to select a freight forwarder, set up an account, and negotiate freight forwarding rates. If you go with this option, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (425) 999-3550 with your order details and the delivery address for your freight forwarder, and we will get back to you with pallet dimensions, weights, and any other information required for your forwarder to generate a quote for you.
- For international customers, the product can be shipped directly to you via either DHL Express (typically 2-day or 3-day air) or DHL Global Freight (ocean). Please contact us with complete order details, and full shipping address and contact information so that we may generate a quote for you. By default we will generate a quote for Express (air) only, unless you indicate you would like ocean/ground, or both rates to compare. Please allow 24-72 hours to turn around an international delivery quote.
Note for Canadian, Mexican and Overseas International Customers: You will be responsible for any customs duties and taxes that may be due to your government. The carrier (DHL) will collect these at the time they contact you to schedule your delivery.