ThermoTread GT Office Treadmill [Old Model]
Availability: Out of stock
As low as $0.00
Price as configured: $0.00
The New Unsit Office Treadmill
The ThermoTread GT is the first treadmill desk base designed from the ground up to live in an office environment, not a gym. Featuring upgraded componentry and a sleek, touch-screen LCD console, the whisper-quiet ThermoTread is engineered to stand up to the heavy stress of continuous use as you walk your way to a healthier workday.
Need Bulk Order Pricing?
Contact Us Here!
Boost Your Health and Productivity at Work
A State-of-the-Art Treadmill Built for the Office
Quiet & Compact for the Workplace
The ThermoTread GT is quieter and smaller than other office treadmills, with a footprint of just 67.5” x 28.35”. Its noise level of 42.7 dB is less than that of the HVAC system in most offices. Whether you're adding a single treadmill or outfitting the whole department, the ThermoTread is designed for minimal workplace disruption.
Convenient LCD Touch-Screen Console
The ThermoTread’s modern touch-screen console is light years ahead of the “membrane” consoles found in competitors’ treadmills. Its simple interface is like using a smartphone, not gym equipment.
Components Built to Last
The treadmill’s motor is engineered for the unique stresses of continuous walking. It doesn’t pretend to be a dual-use office/gym treadmill—our engineers know that a motor tuned specifically towards lower walking speeds will have a longer lifetime of reliable use. The ThermoTread tops out at only 2.5 mph, with an ideally geared high-torque drivetrain for office walking speeds, with a massive 3.0 horsepower, 4000 RPM DC motor at its core.
We back up our components with an exceptional three year motor warranty.
The ThermoTread GT is a NEAT™ (Non Exercise Activity Thermogenesis) certified product. Its usage will increase energy expenditure to help combat the negative health effects of a sedentary lifestyle. Treadmill desks were developed from research into prolonged sitting and the health benefits of NEAT, and they continue to lead the office fitness revolution.
Designing the ThermoTread GT
A New Leader in Office Fitness
Once upon a time the first treadmill desk was created by marrying an adjustable-height desk to a cannibalized running treadmill base. That was more than eight years ago, yet every treadmill desk in the world since has been made using the same recipe. Every walking base sold as a “treadmill desk” has its roots in gym equipment, as evidenced by footprint, noise signature, console design and motor gearing ratios.
iMovR is proud to introduce the ThermoTread GT – the first treadmill desk base designed from the ground up to live in an office environment, not a gym. From upgraded componentry to a sleek, touch-screen LCD desktop console, the ThermoTread GT represents the new standard in office fitness equipment.
A More Powerful Chassis, for Years of Reliable Use
Some 1st-generation treadmill desks are known to have shorter service lives than one would expect. Walking very slowly for long periods of time on a treadmill geared for running is likely to result in premature motor or controller board burnout. Moseying along at a pace of only 1 - 2 mph requires the treadmill’s motor to overcome the immense friction of pulling a dead weight on a rubber belt across a laminated deck. A treadmill designed for a top speed of 12 mph will only have one-sixth to one-twelfth of its rated horsepower at treadmill desk sauntering speeds, imposing a very heavy strain on the drivetrain. The ThermoTread's high-torque drivetrain (rollers, flywheel, pully, etc) is specifically formulated for walking speeds—it's engineered to last.
We upgraded the deck from the cheaper melamine and phenolic materials used on competing treadmills to a superior 1”-thick Bakelite material. We added a cooling fan to keep motor temperatures under control even if the treadmill is under round-the-clock use, but we made it so silent you can’t even tell its running. Since no one will ever run or even walk briskly on a ThermoTread, we shortened the deck in order to gain back precious floor space that competing units steal away. We even lowered the treadmill deck to maximize desk stability and minimize obstruction. Two wheels positioned underneath the motor housing make it easy to slide the treadmill underneath any adjustable-height desk.
The ThermoTread is quieter than the least-noisy competing treadmill base by a whopping 5 decibels. It’s built with more reliable componentry than any other walking base on the market. ThermoTread GT consumes half the power and is dramatically quieter, since it doesn’t require an AC inverter and the noisy continuous fan to keep it cool. Plus, the ThermoTread GT looks just as nice, if not nicer, with its all-aluminum side rails.
No Membrane Keypads
A sure telltale sign that a treadmill was designed by a gym equipment engineer is if its desktop console controls are made with a membrane keypad. Membrane key switches stand up to cardio exercisers’ dripping sweat but they have a tendency to degrade rapidly with continuous use. The bigger downside to membrane keypads is their fixed functionality. The ThermoTread GT is the only treadmill desk base on the market that uses a touch-screen LCD, housed in a sleek desktop console that doesn’t look out of place with the laptops, tablets and mobile devices found at the modern office workstation.
All the basic functionality is there today to display walking speed, distance, time, calorie burn and other performance statistics, just as you’d expect from any treadmill desk. But that’s where the commonality ends. We know that no one enjoys having to press twenty buttons to restart their treadmill just because they stepped away for ten minutes. With the smartphone-like user interface of the ThermoTread’s desktop console our engineers were able to make the displays faster to interpret and navigate, and to store and retrieve user preferences and usage info easily.
The Lawyers are Gonna Love This Part
Lawyers, often chained to a desk for most of their day, have generally been among the earliest adopters of treadmill desks. But ironically, in-house lawyers have often been unwilling to sanction their use within corporate confines, over concern for potential employer liability. It’s easy to understand given the thousands of treadmill injury claims that are filed each year and the many examples of reckless treadmill escapades one can find on YouTube. In designing the ThermoTread GT we consulted with lawyers, insurers, corporate customers and engineers to completely overcome this concern once and for all.
First, our treadmill base is UL certified to never exceed 2.5 mph. Virtually all treadmill injuries happen at much higher speeds, either through mishap or through cardio exhaustion. No injury claim has ever been reported at this sub-walking speed limit.
Second, before activating the treadmill, our console requires the user to click off on a liability waiver “click wrap,” just like they do when using the GPS navigation system in their car. This exclusive feature of iMovR treadmill desks protects your organization from unsafe operation and potential liability, while creating a contemporaneous record of all equipment usage. No other treadmill desk in the world has this feature, designed specifically for large enterprise organizations and public space usage. Now the lawyers can share their love for treadmill desks with everyone, without reservation.
I love the fact that the [iMovR] treadmills were designed from the ground up to be a walking treadmill... - Ed Hoover, Adventist Health Portland
(Watch the full Adventist Health Case Study.)
View all of our options for treadmill desks.
NEAT™-certified is a trademark of Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research and used under license.
The ThermoTread GT Office Treadmill Base
|Fan||Ultra-quiet, automatic activation as needed|
|Deck Type||Bakelite 1"|
|Walking Belt Area||20" x 50"|
|Deck Height||Under 5"|
|Deck Suspension||6 Compression Shocks|
|Belt Type||Ultra-quiet 2.5mm rubber plus 2-ply fabric|
|Noise Signature||Lowest of any walking treadmill - 42.7 dB (user's ear height at 2.0 mph)|
|Speed Range||0.5-2.5 mph|
|User Weight Rating||400 lbs.|
|Side Rails||Non-scuffing aluminum|
|Weight||Treadmill: 147 lbs Controller: 1.75 lbs
Gross shipping weight in box: 176 lbs (not including pallet)
|Overall Footprint||67.5" x 28.35" x 9.5"|
|Boxed Dimensions||72.6" x 33" x 12.4"|
|Lubrication||Easy-lift belt, no-mess lubrication takes 1 minute|
|Service Organization||Spirit US|
|Voltage||120V / 60hz / 15 Amp circuit.
Pulls max of 7 amp in extreme weight 300 to 400 lbs and max speed.
More typical current draw at walking speed with average weight person is in the 1amp to 2.5amp.
Current draw increases if treadmill belt is not lubricated every 40 hours of usage.
|Power Cord Length||100"|
The ThermoTread GT Desktop Console
|Controller Type||High resolution, touch-screen LCD. Has a USB port for easy download of future software upgrades.|
|Basic Display Capabilities||
|Console Dimensions||7.25"x 4.125" x 6"|
We offer an excellent warranty on the ThermoTread GT, reflecting our confidence in the office treadmill's manufacturing quality.
- 3 years on motor
- 2 years on parts
- 1 year on labor
Returns and Exchanges
We have a 100-day, 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you receive your ThermoTread GT product and decide it is not what you are looking for, or would like to exchange it, please send it back and we will give you a full refund minus a 20% restocking fee. Customer is responsible for shipping and handling costs of the return. The product must be in its original packaging, and in sellable condition. Simply email us at email@example.com or call (888) 208-6770 for a return merchandise authorization number. Please note that shipping and handling costs are nonrefundable.
If you receive your ThermoTread GT product and decide you would like to exchange it, please contact us for an exchange merchandise authorization number. The product must be in its original packaging, and in sellable condition. Upon receipt of the exchanged item(s), we will promptly send the replacement. Please note that shipping and handling costs for original item(s) are nonrefundable. Buyer pays for shipping and handling costs of replacement item(s).
The iMovR ThermoTread GT ships free anywhere in the contiguous United States. Due to its size and weight, it ships via freight carrier on a pallet.
Shipping Time Table
|Product||Order Processing||Shipping Time||Total Delivery Time|
|ThermoTread GT||1-2 business days*||3-15 business days||4-17 business days|
* If order received before 11am PT / 2pm ET
Shipping to the Lower 48 States
Standing desks and Synapse sit-stand tables, credenzas, and standalone 3D-laminated desktops all ship from Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Lander and Lander Lite desks sized 65" and smaller ordinarily ship by parcel carriers in two separate parcels, one for the desktop and one for the legs.¹
- Larger desks including L-desks, U-desks and conference tables ship by Freight.
- All Jaxson rectangular desk models will generally ship by parcel carriers in two separate parcels, one for the desktop and one for the base frame.¹ In the case of Jaxson corner desks, the desktop ships by freight and the base ship via parcel carrier.
- Standalone 3D-laminated rectangular desktops 71" and smaller ship by parcel carrier. All other 3D-laminated desktops and tabletops, as well as bulk desktop orders ship by Freight.
¹ Bulk orders of 2 or more desks will usually ship by Freight regardless of desk size.
Solid wood desk systems, Synapse sit-stand tables, credenzas and standalone solid wood tops ship from Benton Harbor, Michigan.
- All Lander and Lander Lite desks, Ensign's desks, Synapse conference tables and standalone solid wood desktops ship by Freight.
- Note that when treadmills are co-ordered with any solid wood desk the ThermoTread GT is shipped separately by freight from Grand Rapids and will arrive 5-8 weeks sooner than the desk.
- Captain's desk ships by FedEx Ground.
All other accessories ship by parcel carriers.
- See Shipping tab on the specific product page for transit time estimates.
Important Notes on Freight Delivery
- All of our prices include Free Shipping in the Lower 48 states. Exceptions include:
- Non-standard delivery times.
- Other special delivery options requested by the recipient, and
- Delivery to addresses that are more than 50 miles away from our freight carriers' designated hubs.
- See additional delivery surcharges for these and other special requests.
Our designated freight carrier, SEKO Logistics, requires a scheduled delivery appointment, where an adult must be present to sign for the shipment, and if an inside-delivery upgrade was requested, provide access into the room where the items are to be brought.
As your shipment reaches the final delivery center nearest your location, a dispatcher from SEKO Logistics will call you from (866) 268-5263 to schedule a 4-hour window for this appointment. SEKO will also send you an email at the same time.
Standard Delivery is to the first covered threshold.
- For deliveries to apartments/condos and office buildings, this would be to the lobby if there is a doorman or receptionist.
- If there is no covered area to place the delivery in, it will be taken as close as possible to the building structure, which may be curbside.
- It will be the customer's responsibility to unload the pallet, dispose of the pallet, and bring merchandise into the building. If you need help with this, you can upgrade to Room of Choice or Premium Delivery (see below).
Room of Choice Delivery Upgrade is our most popular shipping upgrade. The two-man delivery crew will bring all the components all the way to the room where your workstation equipment will go.
- The upgrade includes elevator trips and up to one flight of stairs.
- You will be responsible for unboxing, assembly, and debris removal.
- Note: this service level may not be available in certain rural areas.
Premium Delivery w/ Assembly Upgrade
- Note that the Premium upgrade is currently only available on certain Lander Desks (with or without a treadmill) and on treadmill-only orders. Premium delivery upgrades for most other desk models will be made available in the future.
- The two-man crew will deliver your partially factory-assembled desk to your room of choice, unbox it, and complete the assembly of your new desk. This upgrade includes:
- Elevator trips.
- Up to one flight of stairs.
- Unloading of the shipment.
- Unboxing of the desk and/or treadmill.
- Removal & disposal of the shipping pallet and all packaging materials.
- If a treadmill is included in the purchase, it will also be unboxed and plugged in.
- Leveling of the desk and/or treadmill to make sure it is parallel to the floor is highly recommended. This is the responsibility of the purchaser.
- Installation of accessories such as monitor arms, keyboard trays, power nodes, and cable management kits are not included in this delivery service. These are the responsibility of the purchaser.
- Note: this service level may not be available in certain rural areas.
How To Track Your Order
You will receive a MySEKO tracking link by email when your desk departs our factory. Please use this link for updates on the progress of your delivery. The freight carrier (SEKO Logistics) will always have more information on your delivery than we will, so we recommend that you contact them directly at (866) 268-5263 with any delivery questions you may have.
Please note that at this point your order will continue to progress in a different computer system that is not connected to your account on iMovR.com; if you look up your order on iMovR.com it will only say "processing."
For inquiries on production status of your furniture prior to shipping from the factory, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and order number.
Tips for Success
It is our desire to get your product to you as safely and quickly as possible! To help us make this possible, here are a few things you can do to help if you've ordered a product that will be delivered by freight:
- Provide us with the best phone number for the delivery company to reach you or someone in your receiving department to coordinate delivery.
- Deliveries cannot be reliably scheduled by voicemail so please provide a backup phone number if possible.
- If you can white list SEKO's phone number before they call this will help avoid potentially missing their call.
- Letting us know in advance whether the address is residential or commercial and if there is a loading dock available, extra flights of stairs or other complicating factors for delivery crews. You can send us this information by email to email@example.com referencing your name and order number, and we will make sure the information is relayed to the carrier. If any additional accessorial fees are charged by the carrier (e.g. for additional flights of stairs) our Customer Care Team will contact you for a credit card number, as we do not retain these in our system for security purposes.
Shipping to Hawaii, Alaska, Canada, and Mexico
If there is no price listed on the product page for your shipping destination, please contact us with complete order details, full shipping address, and contact information so that we may generate a quote for you.
Shipping Outside of North America
For other international customers, we are happy to ship your order using the freight forwarder of your choice. Contact our sales team for more information.