The Captain's Standing Desk
Availability: In stock
As low as $2,450.00
Price as configured: $2,450.00
Designed by Vincent Leman and proudly made in the USA by artisan furniture makers, the Captain's Desk features a hand-crafted desktop made of top-grade Scandinavian-style birch wood offered in nine distinctive finishes. Relatively unique for a standing desk, the built-in drawer helps you keep your work surface tidy and uncluttered. Available in two sizes (41" or 51" wide), the Captain's Desk makes an ideal home office workstation, particularly for use with a laptop. Built on the state-of-the-art Lander Lite lifting base the Captain's desk is a unique, heirloom-quality piece of furniture backed by iMovR's industry-leading warranty.
Interested in getting your Captain's Desk shipped quicker? Click here to order a QuickShip Captain's Desk, available in 41″ & 51″ with two popular finish options: Natural Baltic Birch and Espresso Baltic Birch.
Need Bulk Order Pricing?
Contact Us Here!
- Proudly designed and made in the USA by artisan furniture makers
- Heirloom-quality, artisan hand-crafted desktops made of top-grade, Scandinavian-style birch
- Robotically-manufactured “Lander Lite” height-adjustable base
- Intuitive height control paddle enables smooth, double-tap height changes
- Built-in health coach provides subtle visual reminders to change position
- Future-proof Bluetooth-enabled controller works with free downloadable app
- Whisper-quiet motors, 225 lbs. lifting capacity, and stable work surface
- Arrives 90% factory pre-assembled so you'll be standing in minutes; no toolbox required!
- Industry-leading warranty: lifetime warranty on the steel frame, 15-year warranty on all motors and electronics, and 5-year warranty on the solid wood desktop.
- ANSI/BIFMA X5.5-2014 Certified for the gold standard in performance, reliability and durability
The Captain's Standing Desk
In crafting the Captain’s Desk, iMovR's lead furniture designer, Vincent Leman, sought to evoke romantic allusions to the age of exploration, when galleon ships plied the currents and trade winds, connecting the new world with the old.
Nautical buffs will appreciate the angular elements of a classic ship captain’s davenport desk and the perimeter fencing of a military campaign desk (intended to keep navigation instruments from rolling off the table in rocking seas), making the iMovR Captain’s desk one of the most charming and unique standing desk designs on the market today.
The Elegance, Strength, Durability, and Sustainability of Our Original Baltic Birch
Emanating from the northeastern region of Europe around the Baltic Sea (chiefly Russia and Finland), Baltic birch plywood has long been prized by the world’s finest cabinet makers for its strength and consistency. Many high-quality musical instruments, such as guitars and percussion are made from Baltic birch.
Its core is completely unlike traditional plywood you might find in lumber yards or big box stores. The layers of inner plies are 1 mm-thick solid birch veneer, cross-banded, and laminated with strong adhesive. It’s a recipe that results in a void-free core with a number of distinct advantages over other desktop materials. We use only the top grade (B/BB) of Baltic birch to make our desktops.
Beyond its gorgeous maple-mimicking aesthetics, Baltic birch is incredibly strong and stable. Compared to natural hardwoods of the same or even much greater thicknesses, it is far less susceptible to flex and movement over time and with changes in temperature and humidity. Furniture makers love Baltic birch for its uniformity, which allows for precision joinery and impressive durability.
Choosing between Classic Baltic Birch and Red River Birch
The Baltic line was originally designed with genuine Baltic birch from Russia. Due to the conflict, this lumber became impossible to get but we have been able to source the same exact material from Finland, albeit at a significantly higher cost and so Baltic birch is available for purchase once again.
New! We now also have an alternative multi-ply birch available from the Red River Valley in Vietnam, which is nearly identical in quality, stability and appearance to Baltic, but available at the significantly lower pre-war cost. The difference between the two can be seen in this photo. The inner plies of the Red River birch are made from Acacia or Eucalyptus, which can have a darker edge on some of the plies. The top and bottom veneers are still genuine birch.
Choose from nine gorgeous custom-blended stains or just the natural, unstained finish. We use only GREENGuard-certified, formaldehyde-free stains and sealants in the meticulous hand-crafting of these desktops, to give them a shimmering gleam and protect the beauty of the wood for many years to come. Read on solid wood tabletop care here.
Built on a Premium-Quality Height-Adjustable Base
The Captain’s Desk is proudly engineered and manufactured in the USA. Innovative advancements like a built-in health coach and Bluetooth-connected app make your transition to a healthier work life easier than ever before. With commercial-grade ANSI/BIFMA X5.5-2014 certification and an industry-leading warranty, you’ll enjoy the confidence of knowing your desk was built to last.
Intuitive Height Control Paddle with Built-in Health Coach
The Captain’s Desk’s height control paddle makes it the easiest desk in the world to use. Simply tap twice up or down to adjust the desk to your next height favorite. Want reminders to stand? Its built-in coach will gently remind you to stand at intervals you can set, either by flashing the LED in the paddle, sending a push notification to your phone, or both. Studies have shown a 117% increase in standing time by activating the health coach feature.
Smartphone App Unlocks Advanced Controller Options
We are continuously working to enhance the app with additional features to help you maximize the health benefits of your Captain’s Desk. With seamless Bluetooth connectivity you can remotely raise your desk, set up to four favorite height positions, establish custom reminders to stand (with optional push notifications), and more, all without touching the desk! Great for hot desks and shared spaces.
Quiet and Reliable
The Captain’s Desk can heft up to 225 lbs. while you can hardly hear the hushed motors. Some electric desks use fast but noisy motors, while some use slow but quieter motors; only the iMovR’s adjustable bases can lift this much weight at a blazing 1.6 inches per second and be this quiet. The Captain’s Desk is available in both a single-stage (two-segment leg) or dual-stage (3-segment leg) XT version. Average-height users can save by selecting the single-stage base, while extra-tall and extra-short individuals will want to opt for the dual-stage for its wider height range. The dual-stage version also offers improved stability at the higher height settings.
Fully-Assembled in Just Minutes
Every other standing desk you can buy entails tackling a DIY assembly project or hiring an installer. And there’s always the risk of an assembly error or one failed component that keeps you from enjoying your new desk. Why risk the hassle? The Captain’s Desk comes factory-tested and 90% pre-assembled; you’ll only need to attach the feet to the legs with four screws each, using the supplied Allen wrench.
This is a NEAT™ (Non Exercise Activity Thermogenesis) certified product; its usage will help combat the negative health effects of a sedentary lifestyle. Standing while working is the first line of defense against sitting disease, as the small movements you make throughout the day while standing increase your body’s energy expenditure and heart rate.
Customize your Captain's Desk
Choose from dozens of size, color, and height configurations, as well as a plethora of matching accessories to customize your desk to ergonomic perfection.
Choose your birch finish:
Select from nine beautiful, handcrafted finishes on top-grade, Scandinavian-style birch. Click any swatch below for a hi-resolution image.
For 4″ × 6″ handheld samples, see our iMovR Baltic Birch Color Sample Kit to find a match for your workspace.
Emanating from the northeastern region of Europe around the Baltic Sea (chiefly Russia and Finland), Baltic birch plywood has long been prized by the world’s finest cabinet makers for its strength and consistency. Furniture makers love Baltic birch for its uniformity, which allows for precision joinery and impressive durability.
Choose your Finish for Bottom of Desktop:
The darker the desktop stain relative to the natural color of the wood, the starker the contrast between the top and bottom of your desktop. We offer two options for finishing the bottom of your desktop:
- Standard Sealed Bottom: Sprayed with two coats of finish to seal and protect the wood from environmental changes. May show wipe marks from artisan's hand-staining along the edges. Note: Darker stains on lighter-colored woods will show the greatest color variation between top and bottom.
- Bottom Finish Upgrade: In addition to standard sealing, the underside of the desk is stained to match the desktop. This provides color consistency between the top and bottom as compared to standard sealing. May show occasional wipe marks carried over from hand-wiping the top. A practical choice for masking the color contrast on lighter-colored woods with darker finishes. Please note that this is not necessary with the Natural desktop option.
Choose your Base Color:
Choose from black, white, or silver base finishes to match your office décor.
Choose your Base Model:
Select the standard single stage base (27.35″–47.5″) or upgrade to the dual stage XT base (pictured) for a wider height range (24″–50″) suitable for shorter and taller users.
Choose your Power Management Options:
Bring power to the top of the table. Pairing perfectly with the Captain's Desk, iMovR offers the Rondo Micro, designed to fit perfectly in the 1.75″ grommet holes of the Captain's Desk. The Rondo Micro is available with a number of different modules providing a selection of AC outlets and USB outlets in both Type-A and Type-C. Choose up to three units to give your desk the power management it needs. This is ideal for shared workstations where users may want to power their laptops or charge their mobile devices, without having to bend down and search for a free outlet along the floor.
If you desire cable cleanliness and routing off of your desk top, we also offer the Rondo Micro Pass-Through Grommet with Cover (no power) as an accessory for the Captain's Desk.
iMovR's entire line of power management products are proudly made in Michigan using superior quality components and have been designed to be compliant with all electrical codes across the United States.
Choose your Standing Mat: Sit Less, Stand More, in Comfort
Take care of your feet and get the most out of your new standing desk! A good anti-fatigue mat means more hours standing in full comfort, by reducing strain on your back, legs, and feet. iMovR EcoLast Anti-Fatigue Mats are made from 100% polyurethane material and won’t lose their bounce or curl up at the edges like cheaper mats. 100% made-in-America, these mats come with a five-year full-performance warranty, and are completely recyclable.
Manage Your Cables
Keep your cables safe and organized and your new desk tidy with a Tucker™ Cable Management Kit. These kits are easy to install, and include a variety of versatile and reusable components to allow you to easily reconfigure your cable bundles time and time again. Most users will want to opt for the Pro Kit with Cable Chain for Adjustable Desks, which includes a height-tracking link chain with a full array of mounting and routing essentials for device and cable protection, including a 12-foot, 6-outlet, under-desk surge protector and capacious cable tray. With the surge protector in the tray and the cord cleanly routed through the cable chain, you'll have a tidy, professional-grade cable management system in no time, and the flexibility to position your new desk as close to or far from the wall outlet as you want.
Make it Mobile
Need more mobility in your desk? Our Locking Caster Wheel Set replaces your desk's leveling feet with four locking caster wheels. Now you can slide your desk wherever you want it easily and safely. These caster wheels screw into the recessed threading on the feet of your desk. Just remove the leveling pads, screw in the casters, flip your desk back over—and you’re good to go! Lock the casters when you find an ideal spot for your desk and unlock them when you want to glide to a different one.
Need Assistance Making Room For Your New Workstation?
iMovR has a specialized nationwide service available for safe removal and disposition of desks, conference tables, and treadmills. We can even donate them to a charity for you if they are in good working order, or they’ll be responsibly disposed of. We offer competitive, flat rate, nationwide picing and serve over 170 major metro markets. Check by ZIP code to see if we service your neighborhood.
$100 Conquest Rebate—Exclusive Offer!
Do you have a competing standing desk like an UpLift or Varidesk and want a better product? Send us a photo of your old model, and we'll give you $100 off when you buy this desk! For more details, see our Conquest Rebate page.
Just a Small Sample of Customers Who Use iMovR Standing Desks
For a full list of compatible desks and products, see our Product Compatibility page.
|Rated Lifting Capacity||225 lbs.|
|Height Range||Single Stage: 27.35”-47.5”|
Dual Stage XT: 24”-50”
Optional 6” leg extenders
(measurements including top, leveling feet fully closed, additional 0.5" height adjustment with leveling feet opened)
|Average Travel Speed||1.6" per second|
|Controller Type||“DPG Style” height control paddle|
Bluetooth link to smartphone app
Two programmable height settings
LED diode for standing reminder
|Special Features||Anti-Collision Technology|
|Grommets||Quantity three, 1.75" diameter, offset 1" from the back of tabletop (to edge of the grommet hole)|
Width: 41" or 51"
|Desk Feet Size||27.95" L x 2.36" W|
|Available Species and Finishes||See all available finishes|
This standing desk comes with our Made-in-the-USA Warranty:
- Lifetime Warranty on the steel frame,
- 15-year Warranty on all motors and electronics, and
- 5-year Warranty on the solid wood desktop.
This Item is Ineligible for Returns or Exchanges
Solid wood orders begin production immediately after being processed and are custom built to customer specifications. Due to the custom nature of these products, modifications and cancellations may only be made within 24 hours of order placement, before custom manufacturing has begun. Thereafter, these orders cannot be cancelled, returned, or refunded at any time. If any manufacturing errors or defects are found within 48 hours of delivery, please contact our customer care department, and provide photos of the problem, and we will make every attempt to address the issues.
We offer thousands of size, species, and stain combinations. Please select your solid wood items carefully. Please be sure to view the Specs and Docs available for more detailed information, and please take measurements of your space to ensure a good fit.
All screens display colors slightly. Additionally, because wood is a natural material and stains are hand-applied, every solid wood piece will have some variation. To ensure accurate color selection, we also sell physical samples of every solid wood tabletop species and finish, which you can find here: Solid Wood Tabletop Samples.
Shipping Time Table
|Desk Model||Production Time||Shipping Transit Time||Total Delivery Time|
|Captain's Desk||3 weeks||2–7 business days - parcel ground||4–5 weeks|
|Captain's Desk—QuickShip||1–2 business days for fulfillment||2–7 business days - parcel ground||3–9 business days|
|Ensign's Desk 35", 41", 47", 53", 59"||3 weeks||2–7 business days - parcel ground||4–5 weeks|
|Ensign's Desk 59", 65", 71"||3 weeks||3–15 business days - freight||4–6 weeks|
Shipping to the Lower 48 States
Standing desks and Synapse sit-stand tables, credenzas, and standalone 3D-laminated desktops all ship from Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Lander and Lander Lite desks sized 65" and smaller ordinarily ship by parcel carriers in two separate parcels, one for the desktop and one for the legs.¹
- Larger desks including L-desks, U-desks and conference tables ship by Freight.
- All Jaxson rectangular desk models will generally ship by parcel carriers in two separate parcels, one for the desktop and one for the base frame.¹ In the case of Jaxson corner desks, the desktop ships by freight and the base ship via parcel carrier.
- Standalone 3D-laminated rectangular desktops 71" and smaller ship by parcel carrier. All other 3D-laminated desktops and tabletops, as well as bulk desktop orders ship by Freight.
¹ Bulk orders of 2 or more desks will usually ship by Freight regardless of desk size.
Solid wood desk systems, Synapse sit-stand tables, credenzas and standalone solid wood tops ship from Benton Harbor, Michigan.
- All Lander and Lander Lite desks, Ensign's desks, Synapse conference tables and standalone solid wood desktops ship by Freight.
- Note that when treadmills are co-ordered with any solid wood desk the ThermoTread GT is shipped separately by freight from Grand Rapids and will arrive 5-8 weeks sooner than the desk.
- Captain's desk ships by FedEx Ground.
All other accessories ship by parcel carriers.
- See Shipping tab on the specific product page for transit time estimates.
Important Notes on Freight Delivery
- All of our prices include Free Shipping in the Lower 48 states. Exceptions include:
- Non-standard delivery times.
- Other special delivery options requested by the recipient, and
- Delivery to addresses that are more than 50 miles away from our freight carriers' designated hubs.
- See additional delivery surcharges for these and other special requests.
Our designated freight carrier, SEKO Logistics, requires a scheduled delivery appointment, where an adult must be present to sign for the shipment, and if an inside-delivery upgrade was requested, provide access into the room where the items are to be brought.
As your shipment reaches the final delivery center nearest your location, a dispatcher from SEKO Logistics will call you from (866) 268-5263 to schedule a 4-hour window for this appointment. SEKO will also send you an email at the same time.
Standard Delivery is to the first covered threshold.
- For deliveries to apartments/condos and office buildings, this would be to the lobby if there is a doorman or receptionist.
- If there is no covered area to place the delivery in, it will be taken as close as possible to the building structure, which may be curbside.
- It will be the customer's responsibility to unload the pallet, dispose of the pallet, and bring merchandise into the building. If you need help with this, you can upgrade to Room of Choice or Premium Delivery (see below).
Room of Choice Delivery Upgrade is our most popular shipping upgrade. The two-man delivery crew will bring all the components all the way to the room where your workstation equipment will go.
- The upgrade includes elevator trips and up to one flight of stairs.
- You will be responsible for unboxing, assembly, and debris removal.
- Note: this service level may not be available in certain rural areas.
Premium Delivery w/ Assembly Upgrade
- Note that the Premium upgrade is currently only available on certain Lander Desks (with or without a treadmill) and on treadmill-only orders. Premium delivery upgrades for most other desk models will be made available in the future.
- The two-man crew will deliver your partially factory-assembled desk to your room of choice, unbox it, and complete the assembly of your new desk. This upgrade includes:
- Elevator trips.
- Up to one flight of stairs.
- Unloading of the shipment.
- Unboxing of the desk and/or treadmill.
- Removal & disposal of the shipping pallet and all packaging materials.
- If a treadmill is included in the purchase, it will also be unboxed and plugged in.
- Leveling of the desk and/or treadmill to make sure it is parallel to the floor is highly recommended. This is the responsibility of the purchaser.
- Installation of accessories such as monitor arms, keyboard trays, power nodes, and cable management kits are not included in this delivery service. These are the responsibility of the purchaser.
- Note: this service level may not be available in certain rural areas.
How To Track Your Order
You will receive a MySEKO tracking link by email when your desk departs our factory. Please use this link for updates on the progress of your delivery. The freight carrier (SEKO Logistics) will always have more information on your delivery than we will, so we recommend that you contact them directly at (866) 268-5263 with any delivery questions you may have.
Please note that at this point your order will continue to progress in a different computer system that is not connected to your account on iMovR.com; if you look up your order on iMovR.com it will only say "processing."
For inquiries on production status of your furniture prior to shipping from the factory, please contact email@example.com with your name and order number.
Tips for Success
It is our desire to get your product to you as safely and quickly as possible! To help us make this possible, here are a few things you can do to help if you've ordered a product that will be delivered by freight:
- Provide us with the best phone number for the delivery company to reach you or someone in your receiving department to coordinate delivery.
- Deliveries cannot be reliably scheduled by voicemail so please provide a backup phone number if possible.
- If you can white list SEKO's phone number before they call this will help avoid potentially missing their call.
- Letting us know in advance whether the address is residential or commercial and if there is a loading dock available, extra flights of stairs or other complicating factors for delivery crews. You can send us this information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing your name and order number, and we will make sure the information is relayed to the carrier. If any additional accessorial fees are charged by the carrier (e.g. for additional flights of stairs) our Customer Care Team will contact you for a credit card number, as we do not retain these in our system for security purposes.
Shipping to Hawaii, Alaska, Canada, and Mexico
If there is no price listed on the product page for your shipping destination, please contact us with complete order details, full shipping address, and contact information so that we may generate a quote for you.
Shipping Outside of North America
For other international customers, we are happy to ship your order using the freight forwarder of your choice. Contact our sales team for more information.